What follows is a complex document. It was produced at a seminar in spirit world for leaders of the five great religions. It includes testimonies to the True Parents, Reverend and Mrs. Sun Myung Moon, a letter from God, messages from four communist leaders, and a resolution written and adopted by the representatives of the five great religions.
To take this all in, we advise you to relax and open your mind for a while. If you believe in the existence of a higher dimension of reality, of God, of an invisible realm, this will call you to reflect on the implications of that belief. We believe in the spirit world and in the continuation of individual identity from this world to that one. All the passed-away saints are residing in spirit world. Since Jesus called him in 1935, the Reverend Sun Myung Moon has carried on a ministry to spirit world in parallel with his ministry on Earth. He has sought to gather the founders and saints of all faiths around one table of unity. In recent times, he has ministered to spirits in hell and opened the gates of their liberation. This collection of testimonies is one fruit of that ministry.
The Family Federation for World Peace and Unification is publishing this document throughout America and in 40 countries worldwide. This proclamation is our responsibility to let all humankind know the works of God in our age.
This message has significant practical as well as spiritual import. It is a unifying message, addressing believers of all faiths as one global family. As such it is intended to draw all men and women to the one Holy God and help bring world peace. Peace will not arrive through politics or economic development alone, as crucial as these things are. The foundation for peace is common faith in God and practice of true parental, conjugal and familial love. Hence the value of True Parents, and the messianic power of their words and works.
committee or coalition cannot instigate true love; the responsibility for this
devolves to substantial human exemplars. The testimonies that follow bear
witness that the Reverend and Mrs. Sun Myung Moon are those exemplars and have
opened the gates for all people to inherit, through them, God’s completed
salvation, prophesied in all scriptures.
The testimonies appeal to Father Moon’s teachings and works as the evidence of their veracity. We encourage the reader to move beyond these messages and duly pursue study of his teachings and works. Those of us who have followed Father Moon’s leadership confirm the testimonies of the saints. We believe in God’s work for world peace, to bring His kingdom upon the Earth and in Heaven. With that love and hope in our hearts, we recommend these messages to you.
Family Federation for World Peace, International
of Terminology Used in "Clouds of Witnesses: The Saints' Testimonies"
his letter to the Hebrews, Saint Paul referred to this physical reality as a
"copy and shadow" of the heavenly, or spiritual realm. (Heb. 8:5) The
Bible makes clear that life does not cease with the death of the flesh. Indeed,
most major religions hold the concept that a person's soul continues on after
his or her physical body passes away. Where a person's soul goes to dwell is
determined by the quality and character of his or her life on earth, especially
the quality of faith and depth of love.
to the present, the realms of heaven and hell have been divided, separated by
the same barriers of religion, nationality, race and culture that have divided
people on earth. This is because people on the other side continue with the same
prejudices and limitations they had on earth. However, in the Last Days, when
God establishes His Kingdom, there should be unity in heaven as well as on earth:
"The Lord shall be one and His name be one" (Zech. 14:9) and "The
kingdoms of this world become the kingdoms of our Lord and of His Christ, and He
shall reign forever and ever." (Rev. 11:15)
testimonies that follow describe how leaders of diverse denominations and
religions, even atheists, are gathering at conferences in heaven to study the
truth of God and commit themselves to supporting the providence of this age.
They are humbling themselves before the one true God and Jesus' work at the
Second Coming. Readers can glimpse the unfolding process that is unifying the
2:17-21 reveals that in the last days, "I will pour out My Spirit on all
flesh, your sons and your daughters shall prophesy… and I will show wonders in
the heavens and in the earth." This teaches us that the Spirit will move
gifted individuals to have visions of the spirit world, showing people on earth
the wonders of heaven. At a time when religious conflict seems rampant, this
vision of the gathering of heaven's forces united as one mind under the one God
and Creator of heaven and earth comes as a welcome message of hope.
* * * *
all, this is a testimony to the work of Jesus at the Second Coming of Christ.
Jesus' supreme sacrifice at Calvary and the atoning blood of the cross grants us
the redemption of sins. His resurrection was victory over death, hell, sin and
the grave for all eternity. Of this there is no dispute. Yet few articles of the
Christian religion are more divisive than doctrines of the Second Coming.
premillennialists believe Christ will return "in the air" to collect
the faithful and one thousand years later establish his Kingdom on the earth.
Others with a post-millennial view believe Christ will come only after the
millennial reign. Still others don't accept the idea of a millennial Kingdom at
all. In matters of eschatology, many Christians of good faith have agreed to
it possible that our generation is the one that is to welcome the Second Coming?
When we study the "signs of the times" in Matthew 24, we can recognize
their fulfillment, one by one, in our time. Notably, "And this gospel of
the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations,
and then the end will come," is commonly seen as being fulfilled during the
Christians are comforted by the prediction in Matthew 24:30 that Jesus will
return on the clouds. However, at his first advent also there were those who
predicted that Christ would come in the "clouds," based on Daniel
chapter 7. Of course, we know that Jesus was born on the earth and did not float
down out of the sky. Yet the prophecy in Daniel can be regarded as having been
fulfilled in Jesus' advent if we take "clouds" to be symbolic. Thus,
John 3:13 reveals that Jesus "came down from heaven." Hebrews 12:1
describes a "cloud of witnesses," the spiritual aggregation of Old
Testament saints who hoped for their reward in Christ. Jude 14 likewise reports
of Enoch's prophecy that Jesus would come with "thousands and thousands of
holy saints." This was the spiritual "cloud" upon which Jesus
came. The same circumstance will occur at the Second Coming: "The armies of
heaven were following him, riding on white horses and dressed in fine linen,
white and clean." (Rev. 19:14) Indeed, their testimony is contained in the
This is their testimony: that Christ at the Second Coming is born on earth, just as Jesus was at the first coming. He is born on earth, that he might fulfill the hope of the Lord's Prayer, "Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on earth."
* * * *
testimonies affirm that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, Messiah, and the
Savior of humankind. Through his death on the cross he atoned for our sins, and
his resurrection delivers us from death and brings us into the power of new
life. He sits at the right hand of God and leads all the saints in Heaven.
However, if Jesus at the Second Coming works through his anointed born on earth,
how will it occur? Let's examine the pattern displayed in other documented
4:5 said that Elijah would come again. Thus, the chosen people were anticipating
the return of the actual figure of Elijah, the prophet of old. However, Jesus
said that John the Baptist "is Elijah who is to come." (Matt. 11:14)
Furthermore, the angel Gabriel had informed Zechariah that his son John was
"born in the spirit and power of Elijah." (Luke 1:17) Therein is
revealed the biblical principle of second comings. The mission is entitled with
the name of the predecessor. Thus, Elijah's mission is called "Elijah."
John the Baptist takes up Elijah's mission and is the "Elijah" who
fulfills Malachi 4:5. Adam's mission was taken up by another "Adam,"
"the last Adam." (1 Cor 15:45)
testimony of the saints asserts that Jesus has anointed his representative on
earth to fulfill the mission of the Second Coming. Consistent with Rev. 2:17 and
19:12, he has a "new name" that had not been revealed in the days of
the New Testament. He will manifest greater works as the extension of Jesus'
mission that was laid down in Gethsemane in sorrow and tears.
* * * *
these testimonies are true, and Jesus has in fact appointed another person to
fulfill the mission of the Second Coming, then how should we view this new
person in relation to Jesus? Since Jesus appointed him, surely they are not
rivals! Nevertheless, it is likely that many Christians will regard him as an
Antichrist. It is worth considering whether such a judgment is from God or from
man. It is a human failing for churches to be rivals. However, the saints in
heaven testify that Jesus and Christ at the Second Coming are one.
In John 9:28-29, some Jews berated a man born blind who was testifying to Jesus. "Then they hurled insults at him and said, "You are this fellow's disciple! We are disciples of Moses! We know that God spoke to Moses, but as for this fellow, we don't even know where he comes from." Regarding Jesus and Moses from a human point of view, they regarded them as rivals.
on the Mount of Transfiguration, Jesus is seen conferring with Moses and Elijah.
"Two men, Moses and Elijah, appeared in glorious splendor, talking with
Jesus. They spoke about his departure, which he was about to bring to
fulfillment at Jerusalem." (Luke 9:30-32)
brought the Law, to which the Jews were so devoted that it became a stumbling
block to receiving Jesus. Jesus brought a higher truth - the Gospel. Hence, many
Jews could not believe in Jesus. Nevertheless, Moses certainly recognized Jesus
as the Messiah, even if ordinary Jews did not. Moses and Jesus were of one mind
and heart when Jesus set off to Jerusalem to consummate his Passion. In truth,
Jesus' victory over death through the cross and resurrection was also Moses'
Likewise, this testimony of the saints asserts that there is no gap between Jesus and the man he has appointed to the mission of the Second Coming. They work together, Jesus in heaven and the person of the Second Coming on earth, to fulfill the will of God to "restore everything." (Acts 3:21) They are of one heart and mind to do the Father's will. Their struggle is a common struggle; their suffering is a common suffering; their victory is a common victory.
* * * *
another person is fulfilling the mission of the Second Coming of Christ, what
shall we call him? Messiah? Savior? King of Kings? These are some of his
biblical titles, and the saints in heaven, being faithful Christians, proclaim
him thus. Could they do otherwise?
Jesus was accused of making himself God in John 10:33-35, he answered by quoting
Psalm 82: "I said, You are gods, and all of you are children of the Most
High," comparing his divinity to that which all are meant to inherit. Thus
the anointing or terms Messiah, Savior and King used here in reference to
Reverend Moon does not mean that the revelations claim that Rev. Moon is Jesus
or God. Jesus' role as Savior and Messiah will never change.
it does indicate is that Jesus anointed Rev. and Mrs. Moon as the True Parents
of humanity to complete the work of restoration at the Second Advent by
establishing true families as God's dwelling places. As Jesus predicted:
"He who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater
works than these he will do" (John 14:12). The narrative testifies to the
value and position of Jesus, while at the same time highlighting the crucial
role played by those alive on Earth in completing God's providence to restore
all things (Matt. 17:11).
applies particularly to the person commissioned by Jesus to fulfill the mission
of the Second Coming of Christ. When the saints call him by the titles Messiah,
Savior and King of kings, they are not thereby asserting that he supplants
Jesus. The mission of the Second Coming is an entirely new dispensation.
* * * *
for example, the term "Savior." Jesus is and ever remains the Savior,
who died on the cross to redeem our sins. However, 1 Peter 1:5 states that
Christians are "shielded with faith, until the coming of the salvation that
is to be revealed in the last days." The "salvation that is to be
revealed in the last days" is not the salvation that Jesus brought through
the cross; that salvation was already revealed. It is a further salvation that
is to occur at the Second Coming. Hebrews 9:28: "He will come a second
time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who are waiting for him."
Therefore, Christ at the Second Coming can be termed a "Savior" in his
own right, on account of what he is to accomplish at the Second Advent. This
does not take anything away from Jesus' primary role as the Savior, for what he
accomplished through his death and resurrection.
The testimony also applies the title "King of Kings" to the person of the Second Coming of Christ. In doing so, it consistent with Rev. 19:16, where "King of Kings" is a title of Christ at the Second Coming. The saints are not thereby asserting that this person is God, even though in 1 Tim 6:15 the title "King of kings" is used of God. Jesus is the King of kings in heaven, who sits at the right hand of God (Heb. 1:3, Matt. 22:44), as he does in this testimony. But God also views His earthly representative at the Second Coming as the King of kings on earth.
amply attests that Christ at the Second Coming will rule over the nations (Ps.
2, Isa. 2:3, Rev. 11:15, 19:15). This testimony reveals the beginnings of
Christ's universal rule when, for the first time, the leaders of the world's
religions acknowledge his chosen role. It reveals the opening of a providence
that will conclude with the happy realization of Christ's millennial reign over
all the earth.
mission of the Second Coming is the most glorious mission, and that glory should
redound on his person. Nevertheless, while he is walking the earth, his glory is
hidden, just as Jesus' glory was invisible to the people of his day. When a
blind man praised Jesus as the Son of David, the Pharisees who heard it
immediately declared that he was possessed by demons. (Matt. 12:23-24) Isn't it
predictable that this spiritual proclamation of the Second Coming of Christ
would be greeted by cries of "pretender" and "false Christ"?
coming of Jesus on earth 2000 years ago did not harmonize with Jewish doctrinal
expectations. No one came to Jesus as a natural conclusion of any doctrine.
Those who recognized Jesus did so by the workings of the Spirit. Simon Peter
answered, "You are the Christ, the Son of the living God." Jesus
replied, "Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah, for this was not revealed to
you by man, but by my Father in heaven. (Matt. 16:16-17) Knowing how difficult
it was for the people of Jesus' day to recognize him, we encourage the reader to
consider this message of the Second Coming with deep prayer and an open mind.
* * * *
spiritual testimonies were conveyed through two chosen individuals, one working
in heaven and the other reporting to people on the earth. Dr. Sung Han Lee, who
passed into the spirit world in 1997, is best known for his critique and
counterproposal to Marxism-Leninism that was widely disseminated around the
world during the Cold War era. A tireless teacher of God's truth, Dr. Lee
educated countless atheists and believers of various religions. Young Soon Kim
is graced with the gifts of spiritual hearing and spiritual sight. While in the
Spirit she is able to record Dr. Lee's narrative for earthly people to read.
book of Hebrews describes the Old Testament saints as a "cloud of witnesses"
in heaven, surrounding and urging on Christians as they run their race, on the
principle that those heavenly saints "should not be made perfect apart from
us" on the earth (Heb. 11:39-12:1). In the same way the saints are calling
out to us today, describing to us the current situation from the vantage point
of heaven. They are urging us to do our part, so that together we might see the
dawning of the Kingdom of God, in heaven and on the earth.
by the FFWPU in conjunction with Christian scholars, pastors and theologians.
Ceremony in spirit world for the adoption and proclamation of a written resolution by the representatives of the five great religions.
The written resolution of the representatives of the five great religions
1. Christianity: Jesus and 12 other representatives
2. Confucianism: Confucius and 12 other representatives (including 3 additional people)
3. Buddhism: Buddha and 12 other representatives
4. Islam: Muhammad and 12 other representatives
5. Hinduism: Three people among the 12 representatives
This report was sent by Dr. Sang Hun Lee and received by reporter Mrs. Young Soon Kim, between December 19 and December 27, 2001, at the Asan Campus of Sun Moon University.
Ceremony in spirit world for the adoption and proclamation of a written resolution by representatives of the five great religions
Order of the Ceremony:
Date and time: Noon, December 25, 2001
Master of Ceremonies: Dr. Sang Hun Lee
1. Proclamation of the opening of the ceremony: We will now conduct the ceremony for the adoption and proclamation of a written resolution by the representatives of the five great religions.
2. Recitation of the Family Pledge
3. Proclamation of the written resolution (Jesus)
4. Representative prayer (Jesus)
5. Three cheers of victory, led by Mohammed - Victory for God, Victory for True Parents, Victory for the five great religions
The ceremony concluded with applause.
1) The front seats were filled by the leading representatives of the five great religions.
2) Behind the leading representatives, the 12 other representatives of each religion sat.
3) In the back of the arena, 120 representatives from each religion sat.
We of the five great religions, attending God above us and True Parents horizontally, pledge and proclaim that we will go the way of absolute obedience, in order to correct all of the wrongs committed throughout history.
I report this in the name of Jesus, of a central blessed family. Amen, Amen, Amen.
The written resolution by representatives of the five great religions
1. We resolve and proclaim that God is the Parent of all humankind.
2. We resolve and proclaim that Reverend Sun Myung Moon is the Savior, Messiah, Second Coming and True Parent of all humanity.
3. We resolve and proclaim that the Unification Principle is a message of peace for the salvation of humanity and the gospel for the Completed Testament Age.
4. We resolve and proclaim that we will accomplish the peaceful unification of the cosmos through “living for others” while transcending religion, nationality and race, centering on true love.
5. The representatives of the five great religions resolve and proclaim that we will harmonize with one another, unite and move forward, in order to bring about the nation of God and world peace, while attending True Parents.
This has been resolved and proclaimed by Jesus, the leading representative of the group of representatives of the five great religions, Christianity, Confucianism, Buddhism, Islam and Hinduism, at noon on December 25, 2001.
Jesus: Reverend Sun Myung Moon! Thou art the Second Coming who inaugurated the Completed Testament Age! The 120 people, who have brought light to the history of Christianity, pledge to take part in all that the True Parents do, and resolve to strive toward the ideal, the original garden where there is no original sin, through the guidance, the words of the Completed Testament, and the Unification Principle, of the Savior and Messiah, the Reverend Sun Myung Moon. (2001.12.19)
1) Peter (Disciple of Jesus): I, Peter, representing the twelve disciples of Jesus, pledge to attend the Lord of the Second Coming, the Reverend Sun Myung Moon, as Messiah and Savior.
2) Paul (Missionary): I, Paul, pledge to believe and attend the Lord of the Second Coming, the Reverend Sun Myung Moon, as Messiah, Savior and True Parent, with the fire I felt when I met the resurrected Jesus on the road to Damascus. I will live with the words, "You must save the saints" in my heart.
3) John Calvin (Religious Reformer): God is the Parent of humankind and Reverend Sun Myung Moon is the Messiah, Savior and Second Coming. Therefore, I shall live by the teachings of the Lord, and I, John Calvin, pledge to become a pioneer in helping those who are still waiting for the Lord, who are in agony, following a theology of bigotry.
4) Martin Luther (Religious Reformer): I believe that God is the Parent of humankind. I believe that Reverend Sun Myung Moon is the Lord of the Second Advent. I proudly proclaim that the Unification Principle is the new gospel for humanity. I, Martin Luther, pledge that I will believe in these truths, and live a life of attendance, to become a pioneer for humanity.
5) John Wesley (Missionary and Revivalist): I, John Wesley, proclaim that Reverend Sun Myung Moon is the True Parent of all humankind and I pledge and pledge again to live according to the direction and teachings of the True Parents.
6) Karl Barth (Modern Theologian): Dear Reverend Sun Myung Moon: Although I am late in doing so, I, Karl Barth, wish to live a life of attendance to, and receive guidance from, the Reverend Sun Myung Moon, who is the Second Coming and Savior. True Parents, I wish to receive the messianic teachings. Please guide me in this. I pledge to live in attendance to the True Parents.
7) David Livingston (Missionary to Africa): Reverend Sun Myung Moon! O Second Coming of Christ! Dear True Parents, I, Livingston, wish to create a land of God's ideal, even if it is a modest place. Can you give me a place in which to do this? I pledge to live according to the guidance of the will of the Second Coming.
8) Jonathan Edwards (Leader of American Great Awakening): Reverend Sun Myung Moon! Lord! I am so grateful to you. Please forgive and save America with the magnanimity of True Parents. America is God's Garden of Eden. Let it remain as the eternal Eden on earth. I know that the ideal of the Lord is that of God, and only Godism can save America. I, Jonathan Edwards, promise to never change my heart attending the Second Coming.
9) John Smyth (Founder of the Baptist Church): O esteemed Reverend Sun Myung Moon! Please allow the grace of your blessing unto the whole of humanity, so that they may start a new life. Please open the way for humankind to be able to live together as brothers and sisters in a Garden of Eden without original sin as soon as possible. I, John Smyth, shall go anywhere, if the Lord goes with me.
10) John Harvard (Founder of Harvard University, Puritan): I, John Harvard, truly wish that not only the youth of Harvard University, but those of all the universities in the world, can be armed with Unification Principle and receive the guidance of Reverend Sun Myung Moon. I pledge to participate actively in Reverend Sun Myung Moon's movement for world peace.
11) St. Augustine (Bishop of Hippo, who laid the cornerstone of Catholic theology): I, Augustine, will move forward strongly in realizing the ideal of the Completed Testament Age, to allow all of humanity to have the Unification Principle as their truth and Reverend Sun Myung Moon as their Messiah. I respect, believe and depend on all the words and theology of Reverend Sun Myung Moon and I give my oath and pledge, raising my hands, to do all that I do together with the Lord.
12) Horace Underwood (American Presbyterian, first missionary to Korea): I, Horace Underwood, joyfully celebrate the fact that the Second Coming has come to Korea, an eastern country that takes polite etiquette very seriously. I put my hands together and bow to the Messiah. I pledge and give my word of honor to devote all that I possess in attendance to the Reverend Sun Myung Moon.
Confucius: The 120 figures representing Confucianism pledge to accept the Unification Principle as the truth and to believe and attend the Reverend Sun Myung Moon as the Savior and Messiah in the Completed Testament Age. (2001.12.19)
1) Jan Keng (who was outstanding in his virtue): I give my oath that, centered on my teacher, Confucius, I will accept the Unification Principle as the truth and attend Reverend Sun Myung Moon as the True Parent.
2) Tzu-lu (who developed the traditional Chinese political theory): I will loyally follow the way of my master, Confucius.
3) Min Tzu-ch'ien (who was outstanding in his virtue): As I have followed the great Confucius throughout my life, I will trust and follow the way that he has now taken. Reverend Sun Myung Moon, True Parents, I will go the same way as my master. This I pledge.
4) Tsai Yu (along with Ja Gong, this person is renowned for his oratory): Reverend Sun Myung Moon! The True Parents of humankind! Following my teacher Confucius, I pledge to unite with the will of the True Parents of humankind.
5) Jan Ch'iu (who had political capability, along with many other talents): I cheer the Reverend Sun Myung Moon! I cheer the True Parents of humankind! I cheer the Savior and Messiah! I, Yeom Woo, offer my pledge. I will believe and follow the Savior of the new age, who is the Second Coming of Christ, and proceed along this path with the great Confucius.
6) Jan Yung (renowned for his benevolence, great generosity and virtue): I will follow the path that my master, Confucius, has taken.
7) Yen Hui (an able disciple of Confucius’ teachings, outstanding in his studiousness and virtue): Until now, my teacher, Confucius, taught us disciples a way to attain virtue and to follow the true way of a scholar. Witnessing the fact that the Reverend Sun Myung Moon has guided my teacher to the correct way of truth, I, An Yeon, promise to believe and attend Reverend Sun Myung Moon as well.
8) Tzu-kung (a great diplomat and political leader during the No and Wui dynasties of ancient China): I, Ja Gong, believe that the Unification Principle is a great truth that can shake the soul of all of humanity. Therefore, I shall arm myself with the Unification Principle and guide Confucianists to a new and revolutionary path. And because our master, Confucius, came to save our souls, I resolve to become a part of the advance guard of the movement for unification, along with him.
9) Tzu-hsia (renowned for his fighting and literary abilities): As my master, Confucius, humbly accepted and adopted this as the genuine truth, I, Ja Ha, pledge to be obedient to the way of the will of Reverend Sun Myung Moon as well.
10) Tzu-yu (子遊 - outstanding in literature, created a powerful school in the age of the civil wars): Since this is the way that was chosen by my master, Confucius, I, Ja Yu, will also offer my undying passion in going this way.
11) Tseng Tzu (leading theoretician of filial piety, self-cultivation and loving kindness in Confucianism. Compiled “The Great Learning,” one of the Seven Chinese Classics): I believe that the Unification Principle is a theory that can save all humanity, and that it surpasses the teachings, virtues and studies of my master, Confucius. Therefore, along with my master, I determine to receive the teachings of the Unification Principle and the guidance of Reverend Sun Myung Moon.
12) Yu Tzu (子有 – an advocate of filial piety): I was very moved and inspired by the fact that God, who created the entire universe and human beings, is the Parent of humankind. I respect Reverend Sun Myung Moon, who has revealed such a great truth. I am grateful to my master's loyalty and courageous decision. I wish to guide all Confucianists to this truth.
13) Tzu-chang (an advocate of loyalty to and faith in one's king or ruler): Even though I am a human being, I have found the genuine truth. Therefore, even if that way may be one of suffering and difficulty, I believe that following with an unchanging mind is the way of loyalty. So I pledge to Reverend Sun Myung Moon that I will share the suffering and joy of my teacher through following this path.
14) Mencius (who taught the divinity of human character): If our Parent is God, then the natural way is to attend God. Therefore, I pledge that I will live in attendance to the Reverend Sun Myung Moon, and that I will do this with unending passion. There is no greater truth than this.
15) Hsun Tzu (who taught the importance of education and propriety): I think that the Unification Principle is a truth that can guide people on a clear road through life. Reverend Sun Myung Moon, I thank you and respect you. And I promise to dedicate myself to this great truth unconditionally.
Buddha: Reverend Sun Myung Moon! True Parents! The 120 people of Buddhism vow and pledge to advance toward a movement of peace that will guide humanity in a new direction. We pledge to attend God as the Parent of humankind and Reverend Sun Myung Moon as a True Parent, and to equip ourselves with the Unification Principle and Unification Thought. (2001.12.20)
1) Ven. Sariputra (One of Buddha’s ten greatest disciples, who had outstanding wisdom): True Parents, Reverend Sun Myung Moon: the twelve Buddhist representatives have resolved to dedicate themselves to your teachings. We respect the virtue and teachings of Buddha and think that the way of Buddha was the way of Heaven.
2) Ven. Moggallana (One of Buddha’s ten greatest disciples, who had outstanding divine power): Because I believed in and attended the teachings of Buddha, I will proceed with a sincere heart. Reverend Sun Myung Moon, the Savior of the Completed Testament Age, I resolve to follow the way of God's will, along with Buddha.
3) Ven. Mahakassapa (One of Buddha’s ten greatest disciples, who systematized the Buddhist faith): I think that the Unification Principle and Unification Thought are great teachings, not only for Buddhists, but for all of humankind. I pledge to harmonize the teachings of Buddha and the detailed teachings of the Unification Principle, to lift up the will of God, who is the Parent of humankind, and of the Reverend Sun Myung Moon, who is the True Parent.
4) Ven. Anuruddha (One of Buddha’s ten greatest disciples): Reverend Sun Myung Moon! I am sincerely grateful for your revelation of and guidance along the way toward the eternal future of humanity. I promise to pioneer a new way of life, along with Buddha, and to meet you in an eternal place.
5) Ven. Subhadda (One of Buddha’s ten greatest disciples): I give thanks to have lived in faith in and attendance to Buddha. I am now able to attend the Reverend Sun Myung Moon and study the Unification Principle. I am deeply grateful for this. I think that the way of truth lies in knowing that the true victor is the one who can win the battles that human beings must fight from the cradle to the grave. This is the fight within oneself. Now that I have encountered the wonderful Unification Principle, I resolve and pledge to make a new start following the guidance and teachings of my new teacher. I can now courageously put aside my old way of thinking.
6) Ven. Purna (One of Buddha’s ten greatest disciples, the greatest Buddhist preacher): Human beings’ birth, life course and death proceed not according to human power but by the will of God. What a great teacher we have met, the one who has taught us about God and that God is our Parent! Reverend Sun Myung Moon, although we are small and insufficient, we of the Buddhist faith have resolved and pledged together, to lift up and attend the will of True Parents, while attending Buddha.
7) Ven. Kaccayana (One of Buddha’s ten greatest disciples, the greatest at debate): There is a section of the Unification Principle entitled “Give and Take Action.” I truly admire and am amazed by that content. The Unification Principle is organized perfectly; it is the truth that can save humankind. The theory of Give and Take Action seems at first glance to be commonplace, but it is actually a monumental truth. It contains deep and meaningful content that is essential for our following God's will. I think that the way of following Reverend Sun Myung Moon, who has revealed the Unification Principle, is the way of Heaven, and I promise that I will follow the way of Heaven.
8) Ven. Upali (One of Buddha’s ten greatest disciples, the greatest observant of the Buddhist commandments): Buddha has always been patient, and he has not just taught us but has shown us through his actions. The Unification Principle is very new to us, but since Buddha learned and experienced everything on his own before bringing it us, I cannot but absolutely believe in the Unification Principle. Reverend Sun Myung Moon is the True Parent and Messiah of humankind. I strongly resolve to believe and follow the Messiah. I will advance toward a world of peace centered on God, by going beyond all religious denominations.
9) Ven. Rahula (the son of Buddha, one of the ten greatest disciples, who was not known to be a disciple): I, Rahula, think of Buddha not just as my father, but as the father of all of us, and I am grateful that I lived a life of asceticism. Now, I am grateful that Buddha has given me the opportunity to access the Unification Principle, which allows me to go the way to the eternal ideal of Heaven. I strongly resolve and pledge that we Buddhist disciples will unite centered on Godism, which can bring about an eternal world of peace for all humanity, while we attend Reverend Sun Myung Moon as our True Parent.
10) Ven. Ananda (a younger cousin of Buddha, one of the ten greatest disciples, the greatest in knowledge): It is only natural to attend Reverend Sun Myung Moon as the Messiah of the Completed Testament Age, because all of the fundamental truths Buddha taught to us are found in the Unification Principle. I firmly believe that God is our vertical Parent, and I pledge from now to follow only one path.
11) Vasubandhu (who studied and developed Mahayana Buddhism): I firmly believe that Reverend Sun Myung Moon is the True Parent, Messiah and Savior of humankind. And I believe that the Unification Principle is the truth that will save all of humanity. I resolve to stand in the forefront of a movement to bring unity centered on Godism, through overcoming the barriers that stand between religious denominations.
12) Nagarjuna (who helped expand the power of Mahayana Buddhism): I believe that Reverend Sun Myung Moon, who revealed the Unification Principle on the earth, is the True Parent and Messiah. And I hope that the Unification Principle will be passed on to all the people of Buddhist faith. I firmly pledge to actively help in the movement for unification.
Muhammad: Since I, Muhammad, encountered the Unification Principle and met the Reverend Sun Myung Moon, my worldview has changed. I am now confident in everything. Everything seems new to me now. I am filled with optimism and hope. This is because I have come to know the fundamental will of God and that God is the Parent of humankind. I know now that this is the way I must go. The basic way of life is to live in attendance to our vertical and horizontal parents.
I cry out: Victory for God! Victory for Reverend Sun Myung Moon, the True Parent, Messiah and Savior! All Muslims follow the will of Muhammad. Allah, whom you have been following, was actually God, Jehovah. There is only one God for humankind and God is our Parent. I offer my pledge. I pledge to have faith in everything and follow the will of the Eternal God. (2001.12.26)
1) Abu Bakr (First Khalifa): Allah is actually God. God and Allah are the same being. Reverend Sun Myung Moon has let the world know that God is the Parent of humankind. He is the True Parent of humankind. Through the Unification Principle, I have discovered truth that has moved me deeply. As Reverend Sun Myung Moon has let me realize the correct fundamentals of human life and the direction of history, I pledge to follow his way. Thank you.
2) Umar ibn al-Khattab (Second Khalifa): Muhammad is more passionate and faithful than anyone else. As he introduced us to the Unification Principle, Unification Theology and Reverend Sun Myung Moon, he told us that if we believed in him this far, we should follow him until the end. Moreover, Unification Principle and Unification Theology moved me much more than the teachings of Muhammad did. When we realized that God is our Parent, it hurt us quite a lot. There is only one God called on by different religions, and His purpose is always exactly the same. I was surprised by the fact that religions have fought over small differences. Reverend Sun Myung Moon, I will go forward. I pledge to attend and to follow the will of the True Parent of all humankind.
3) Osman ib Afan (Third Khalifa): I have realized that even though the Unification Principle is new, it is a precious truth that can truly change and renew human beings. I sincerely realized God’s pain as He waited for humanity for so long. Reverend Sun Myung Moon is qualified to be the Messiah of the Completed Testament Age, and the True Parent of all humankind. I pledge to have faith in, and follow, this great teacher.
4) Ali ibn Abi Talib (Fourth Khalifa): I wish to say, “Victory to Muhammad!” Because I followed Muhammad, I came to know the Unification Principle and was able to meet Reverend Sun Myung Moon. We are all grateful to both of these people. The Unification Principle provides very accurate and clear guidance for humanity. Muslims, your hard work and devotion have not been in vain. I desire that you receive the teachings of Reverend Sun Myung Moon. He is a great teacher, Messiah and Savior of the Completed Testament Age. He clearly directs humanity concerning the final problem of the afterlife. I desire that Muslims study Unification Principle. Reverend Sun Myung Moon, thank you for your hard work. I will believe in and follow True Parents.
5) Abdullah ibn Abbas (A scholar in the Age of Sahaba, who interpreted the Quran): Muhammad has shown us great courage and passion. He did not allow us to be mistaken about God. I, Abdulla bin Abbas, will follow with total faith everything that Muhammad decides. And, although I have not heard the Unification Principle many times, I can say that it is very systematic and well-organized. I think its logical analysis touched Muhammad's mind. I also accept it and believe it. I pledge to work hard testifying to Muslims, while believing in the vertical God and the horizontal True Parents.
6) Abdullah ibn Masud (An interpreter of the Quran who lived in the days of Muhammad): I believe that Unification Principle will move Muslims greatly. I desire that all Muslims take interest in the activities of Reverend Sun Myung Moon, who is the Savior and True Parent in the Completed Testament Age, and study Unification Principle. Allah, whom we have attended thus far, is none other than God. The world is a wide place. Muslims, please try to broaden your conservative thinking and ideas. I will believe in and attend Reverend Sun Myung Moon, the True Parent of humankind, who revealed the Unification Principle.
7) Ubayy ibn Khab (An interpreter of the Quran, who lived in the days of Muhammad): Reverend Sun Myung Moon! True Parents of all humanity! I believe in the Messiah, who is the Savior. I also have faith in the fact that the Unification Principle is an eye-opening truth that can guide the future of the world and the afterlife of all humanity. I will go forward believing in and attending the True Parents of humankind. This I pledge and swear.
8) Abu Hanifa (Founder of the Hanapi School): Unification Principle is so moving. Words cannot express the greatness of its truth. It is definitely a revelation from God. Reverend Sun Myung Moon, True Parents, thank you for your hard work. As the future and afterlife of all of humanity has now been clearly revealed through Unification Principle, Earth and Heaven should be happy and cheer, "Victory! Victory!" I pledge to believe in and attend Reverend Sun Myung Moon.
9) Malikh ibn Anas (Founder of the Maliki School): Muhammad did not persuade us. He did not even teach us the details of the Unification Principle. We were moved by the look in his eyes and quality of his actions, once he learned about the Unification Principle. Muhammad's courage and vision, manifested as if the whole world were his, moved us. I believe in Reverend Sun Myung Moon, the True Parent and Savior of humankind, and I believe that the Unification Principle is a revelation from God. We pledge to equip ourselves with the Unification Principle and to follow unchangingly, actively supporting the work of the True Parents.
10) Ibn Idris ash-Shafi (Founder of the Shafi School): The Unification Principle is an eye-opening gospel given to humankind. Reverend Sun Myung Moon, who has come as a True Parent! I'm sorry that I have not been given enough time to express how I am moved, but I am truly grateful to you. Without a revelation from God, the Unification Principle couldn't have appeared on the Earth. I firmly pledge to believe in and attend the Messiah in the Completed Testament Age.
11) Ahmad ibn Hanbal (Founder of the Hanballi School): Reverend Sun Myung Moon, the Savior of humankind, thank you! Thank you for your hard work. The Unification Principle proves everything. I will believe in and attend you.
12) al-Ash'ari (Founder of the Sunni branch): I first would like to shout, "Victory to Muhammad!" Because of his having devoted all of his passion to Allah, he has been able to find the Unification Principle. Now, I hope that those of the Muslim faith will believe in and follow Muhammad until the end. The Unification Principle is not a theory that came from the brain of a person on Earth. It is the new gospel, which Reverend Sun Myung Moon revealed through revelations from God. Reverend Sun Myung Moon! True Parents! O Messiah, O Savior! Victory! Victory! Victory! I firmly resolve to go the way of loyalty and filial piety, while believing and attending the True Parents.
Three people from among the 12 representatives
1) Shankara (founder of the Advaita Vedanta): I am very sorry to have to tell you my reflection on the Unification Principle after having listened to lectures for but a short period of time. I will try to make a worthy statement in the time given. Through this seminar, I newly realized the following: that God is the Parent of humankind, that in order to correct the deviated history, God sent providential central figures, that God sent the great teacher Reverend Sun Myung Moon as the Savior of humankind, and that the Unification Principle has been revealed as the new truth, to teach humankind the correct path. God! Reverend Sun Myung Moon!
Because Hinduism didn't know of the existence of the one God, our religious ceremonies were very complex, and as the ages and environments changed, our religion adopted various local and ethnic religious forms. However, the Hindu mind always desired to find an absolute being. Whether it is expressed through a local religion or a philosophical ideology, is not the desire to find God lodged within the original character of all human beings?
Through listening to the Unification Principle, I, Shankara, have clearly realized that God has been involved in the internal world of human beings. Now, since I know God's fundamental purpose, I have rid myself of all of my previous thoughts. I will organize all my thought patterns centered on Godism. And I will think over Reverend Sun Myung Moon's theory about how to save humanity, God's love, and the dispensational history of restoration. I will invest all that I have to go the way of genuine truth, while thinking carefully about everything I do.
Reverend Moon! Thank you. It is a great honor that you have thought of the religion of Hinduism. As a representative of Hinduism, I pledge to become a pioneer in the unification movement.
2) Madva (A pioneer of dualistic philosophy, who built the Temple of Krishna): After listening to the Unification Principle, I realize that we have been spending much time on things that are pointless. There exists a Creator, a causal being, but as humanity didn't know about the cause, neither could we know about the effect—this world. I, Madwa, am mortified that I spent so much time meditating and reasoning, when that was all pointless. Of what use are arguments over monism or dualism without the guidance originally intended for humankind?
O God! I, Madwa, was been able to find You. I did not even dream that You are the Parent of humankind. Although we lived wrongly, now that we have found the genuine truth in the eternal afterlife, we will be grateful to God and start our lives over. We will absolutely obey the guidance and teachings of Reverend Moon, who is a great leader, a great teacher and the True Parent.
Moreover, I, Madwa, will pour all my energy into completely understanding the Unification Principle. Thank you.
3) Maharishi Gautama (Founder of the Niyaya philosophy and the philosophy and practice of yoga): I was severely shocked when I realized that God is the Parent of humankind. Even though there is an ideal place in which God and His children should have lived together from the time we were created, up until now, we have turned our face away from God and have created an unprincipled history. When I realize that we need to discard atheistic philosophy completely, my mind is so troubled, infinitely troubled. What can I do? There is no other way. I cannot explain how I feel. I am filled with regret, lamentation and nausea.
The Unification Principle gives us new hope. It is so clear. God did not create man and woman to be complicated. God gave humankind one correct way. I feel that after having floated in a sky endlessly, I have been rearranged and recreated as a new human being. This is not a time for lament and regret, but rather to have new hope and energy as I attend Reverend Moon, whom God has sent as the Messiah. Therefore, I firmly offer my pledge.
Reverend Moon! Thank you for having called Hinduism. From the moment we encounter this new truth, Hindus will not live quietly. I firmly pledge to be obedient to God.
6. Four Representative Communist Leaders
1. Karl Marx (1818-1883, The founder of Marxism; born in Trier, Germany.): I, Marx, affirm God’s existence and that He is the Parent of all humankind. I denied God and shouted loudly with confidence to the extent that people believed me more than God. Now I’d like to reveal my experience with God to the whole world. I felt that my theoretical paradigm was crumbling as I listened to the Godism lecture. At the same time my pride was damaged severely. When I listened to Godism, I thought it was a dream, but it was not. Then a beam of light came into my heart like a red-hot bullet.
I, Marx, have met God. I have found that He is the Parent of humankind. I have felt the greatness of God’s love. I clearly convey to you who God is. He is the Parent of humankind. Reverend Sun Myung Moon, who is on the Earth, brought this fact to light. The Divine Principle and Unification Thought express the original standards that open the way to salvation, so you must read them. I ask this of you seriously. I clearly say that I apologize for my past to God and True Parents and love them and am proud of them. Marx, April 18, 2002
2. Lenin (Vladimir Ilich Ulyanov; 1870-1924, The leader of the Russian Revolution, the October 1917 revolution, Chairman of The People’s Commissariat.): God certainly exists. He exists as the Parent of humankind. In spite of that, I put myself on the vanguard of Communist revolution with a sword in my hands, shouting out that there are no parents. I made their hearts ache.
I announce to Communists: God, Jehovah, certainly exists and He is the Parent of humankind. The Communist counties will perish without fail. The ideal of Communism will be realized by its being engrafted upon Unification Thought. I have an earnest request for you. There is only one way for Communist countries to live and that is to follow Reverend Moon’s guidance. Please study the Divine Principle in detail. Please receive the thought of Reverend Moon and study it deeply. If you do so, you will attend God more truly than the thinkers or politicians of the Free World. This is the only way to live truly. If you follow my words, it will release me from unimaginable suffering and agony. I beg this of you. Communist countries must re-arrange everything as soon as possible. I met God. The spirit doesn’t die, but lives. This is my last wish, given in blood from the world of Heaven. “God is alive. God is the Parent of humankind.” Lenin, April 19, 2002
3. Stalin (Joseph Vissarionovich Djugashvili Stalin, 1879-1953, Lenin’s successor, who communized Russia.): Friends in Communist countries, I am Stalin. You have had wrong thinking. As the way you are going is not the way you should go, you must turn to the right path as soon as possible. One’s life on the Earth determines the place one will live in the heavenly world. Our beliefs are wrong. The worst of it is that we deny and ignore God, who is the origin of the cosmos. The God we denied is the Parent of humankind. God is not a theological existence, but is our Parent.
Those at whom we laughed live well in spirit world. It is certain that they didn’t go to Hell. When we laughed at them, they and God loved us. We live in the bottom of Hell here. Do you understand what it means? People here don’t treat each other as human beings, but as material. If there were any means to rid myself of this pain, I would do it. The place one dwells in the spirit world cannot be decided by power, honor or gold. It is decided by the sincerity of your life on the Earth. First, know and believe God and attend Him. Second, completely clarify your way of life.
Please receive the will of Reverend Moon completely, open your minds and build churches for the worship of God and hold worship services. Reverend Moon reflects the image of God, even though he is a man, and he is struggling intensely to save Communist countries. His thought is messianic, especially for the Communist countries. You must receive his ideology of peace immediately. I, the dictator who denied God, cry out to all the Communist countries on the Earth. Please believe in God and seek for Him. Stalin, April 19, 2002
4. Deng Xiao Ping (1902-1997, the Chairman of Chinese Communist Party.): Thanks be to God for forgiving the one who committed sin. Thank you Reverend Moon for working hard to save those in Hell and the Communist bloc.
Friends in the Communist Party! The word that followed me was one that made God’s heart bleed. I now know that I was a terrible sinner. Reverend Moon is the one who brought to light Unification Thought and the Divine Principle, and he is the father of humankind named as True Parent by God. Follow him and be guided by him. Communism has misled humankind. God exists as the Parent of humankind. We all became rebels against God. The spirits are destined to live here in the spirit world. There is no way for Communists to live, but by following Reverend Moon’s guidance. This is my earnest wish and appeal. Deng Xiao Ping, April 21, 2002
7. A Letter From God
Dear Beloved True Parents,
I am the God of all people. I am the God of all people. I am the God of all people.
My beloved son. My beloved son. My beloved son,
I, the God of all people, love True Parents! I love you greatly! I hold you dearly!
How could I help but feel happiness and gratitude for you, who are my son? If there were a word better than “love,” I would like to borrow that verb, but I can't think of a better word. Although the True Parents reside in a deep place in my heart, I cannot adequately express my love for you in words.
As you, the True Parents, have now succeeded in everything and have raised everything to its true level, you are now the Savior, Messiah and King of Kings of all of humanity!!! Because on December 25, 2001, the Founders and representatives of Christianity and the other religions adopted written resolutions in which they without exception resolved to participate in realizing the peaceful unification of the cosmos, while attending the True Parents, it is right and proper that the True Parents are exalted in the position of True Parents of all humankind. I, the God of all people, desire this and want to see it happen.
Despite the people of the world not yet fully understanding the position of True Parents, because the position should be fulfilled internally, I, the God of all people, invite the True Parents to the position of King of Kings.
Because the True Parents have, in my place, endured countless difficult paths, I now want to bestow upon you all of the gratitude, inspiration, excitement and joy that I have been feeling. I want you to inherit all that is mine.
My beloved True Parents! I have wanted to express my heart to you for a long time, but I have not had such an opportunity. However, now this daughter of mine has looked into my heart. This has allowed this time to come to pass, and I would like to express to you my gratitude.
True Parents! My beloved True Parents! I want to hold you in my bosom and not let you go! It is a waste for me to walk the floor with my two legs. I want to hold you all night and talk to you!
I, the God of all people, have faith. I believe in the True Parents. I know and remember all of the difficulties, pain and suffering that you have had to endure. I have seen it all. It was all my responsibility, yet you endured and raised a victorious standard. How can I ever forget you? I am grateful.
I am so happy because of you. Truly, I thank you for your hard work.
My beloved True Parents, victory to you! Victory to the Saviors of humanity! Victory to the King of Kings, True Parents!
I, the God of all people, sincerely convey this to my beloved True Parents.
Midnight, December 28, 2001